Time to get back at it! I do feel like I’ve made many attempts over the years but I am truly looking forward to getting back into a creative space, and taking the time to be inspired. I must admit, I’ve been spending most of my time with that cutie above (@itsmoosethepug). But, he can sit at my feet with his toys while I work out some creative energy. Looking forward to it! xx
I returned home (late) last night after another fun-filled/exhausting/food overdosed weekend in my favorite city and I learned a few things on this trip…
1. It’s always a good idea to have dinner two reservations during fashion week. After waiting 45 min at the Stanton Social (which I will obv still go to again and again, but am a tad disappointed in) we grabbed the jackets out of coat-check and hopped in a cab for rezo number two at La Esquina. Totally smooth, totally delicious, totally amazing to have a back up plan when it’s 11:30p and you are starving!
2. Sleep No More is an eerie, interactive, and fantastic theatrical experience. Like a haunted house for adults, with Champagne ;)
3. If there was a Babycakes that actually existed in Toronto I would eat cupcakes three times a day so perhaps it’s better if it stays a at a bit of a distance
4. 10 Downing is now a new brunch fav spot, and it’s also where I broke up with potatoes
5. There is a place to buy decently priced, and unique, frames at an eye-wear store called SEE. Now for the unfortunate part, they do not have any locations in Canada. So… I picked up a new pair of frames! However – too bad for me – they would have added the lenses in for free had I been staying in the city for a week and could have picked them up later. Regardless, they have wickedly helpful and pleasant staff – I went to two locations multiple times to pick out the right frame. And, each style/colour has only one piece in store so once it’s gone, and it’s yours, that’s it!
Now, it’s time to rest up and catch up a little bit this week!
- Welcome to your dream job
- Bookhau tea towels
- Top 10 Trends for Spring 2012 via Elle
- Cinnamon rolls via Cupcakes and Cashmere
- Want to be preppy, read this
- The original Instagram
- October magazine covers
- Small batch gin in Williamsburg
- A few new Lonny faves via Little Bits of Lovely
- The new Love Her Look column via The Alternative Wife
- How to make Champagne extra bubbly
Back into Tuesday links… while I should be studying for that mid-term tmrow hmmmmm…. Well, best to head Flirty Fight Club to sweat it out for a bit first; then hit the books!
[ image ]